Friday, August 19, 2016

12th and Final week at RREH in Ambulatory

It's crazy how things slip away from you when everybody wants a bit of your time.

Sunday was a pretty relaxed day. I watched Netflix, read, and got a couple things from the store.

Monday was strange. I started with Dr. Friend. We saw a bunch of repro stuff. I learned to write a health certification. We saw an old horse for an ADR. It seemed he may have had a bit of laminitis. We saw a metabolically challenged horsey. The tech and I got to float some teeth. I went with Jordan to do a Coggins on a rotten horse and dig out an abscess on a pony.

Tuesday, I rode with Dr. Heath Soignier. He started a whole lot later than I was used to. He told me all about his family and his route to where he is now. We rechecked a pneumonia foal. I saw a different way of doing the lung scan. We drew a couple Coggins. I was surprised that he handed me the materials without asking a million questions. We looked at a puncture wound in an older foal. That was another experience for me to see a different way of doing things. We also saw a conformationally challenged foal and a cellulitis mare. We were done just after noon. I was surprised that he asked me to come back out with him at Thursday.

Wednesday was fun. I started at the clinic picking up stuff for Jordan. We started by rechecking a mini donkey eye. We floated some pretty bad teeth at the Horse Park. We did a couple regularly repro stops before meeting up with Dr. Friend at his farm to do some more teeth.

Thursday was interesting. I started the morning with Dr. Soignier. We palpated two mares. We retook some radiographs for the stallion that bit Dr. Soignier on Monday. We looked at an abscess and rechecked the foal with the puncture wound. After he was done, I hung around the clinic to wait for Dr. Friend. He had a chiropractic appointment at the clinic at 2. The people were from Richmond, IN. It was interesting to see the full workup instead of the barn version.

Friday was bittersweet. They said the day was all about me. I got to do just about everything I was able. I was given the opportunity to choose whatever place I wanted for lunch. I had Dr. Friend pick me an Italian restaurant. It was very good even though it took forever. I say my thank yous and gave my gifts. I had a little nap before packing up my things and heading home.


This was a fantastic experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment