Sunday, September 1, 2019

Final Remarks - CEC

Hello again,

I was very sad to be leaving the Cleveland Equine Clinic at the end of the summer. The veterinarians go above and beyond to teach students. If you are looking to experience a summer of ambulatory practice with a few hospital patients sprinkled throughout, I would HIGHLY recommend this experience. I was out on the road every day and rotated through riding with all of the vets at the practice, giving me diverse experiences as each vet has their niche within the practice. I lived on the practice grounds, allowing me to do physical exams and treatments on the hospital patients at the clinic. Here is a brief list of clinical work that I experienced this summer:


  • Standing MRI 
  • Caslicks surgeries
  • Castrations 
  • Physical Exams 
  • Lameness Work-ups 
  • Respiratory, lameness, and colic ultrasounds
  • Field necropsy 
  • Dental examinations, floats, and extractions
  • Blood draws and assessing blood work 
  • Foal handling
  • Reproductive exams, ultrasounds, and AI 
  • Endoscopic examinations
  • Gastroscopic examinations 
  • Radiographs 
  • Ophthalmology examinations 
I can't thank the veterinarians and staff enough for the time and effort they spent teaching me about veterinary medicine. I'm excited to be entering my final semester of the didactic curriculum and will utilize the knowledge that I gained this summer throughout my clinical rotations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment