Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Last few weeks at Rood and Riddle

Hey everyone!

I know I'm a little late but we've been extremely busy the last few weeks at Rood and Riddle. But all the busyness has led to some great experiences! In addition to the pictures I have to share, I would like to give an overview of the things I became competent in over the summer under the careful guidance of Dr Friend. I have been able to give both IV and IM shots, draw blood, rectally palpate mares, find ovaries, find pregnancies, flush and infuse the uterus, artificially inseminate mares, sew caslicks, castrate colts, and I even got to inject some joints as well as do a few nerve blocks. I had a wonderful experience down here and can't thank Dr Friend enough for everything he taught me as well as the faith he had in me to trust me to work on some of his patients. I highly recommend this experience for anyone who wants to know what a busy ambulatory practice is like and who wants the chance to learn practical skills.
 A 3 month old foal with trauma to the eye, sent to surgery for an enucleation
 Horse who sliced a chunk of hoof out on a fence
 Uterine prolapse post foaling
 Barn cats and chickens

 Castrating
 Foal who went through a fence
Yearling who broke her maxilla

Thanks for reading along all summer!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment