Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Final Post from Equine Analysis Systems

This is my last week in Kentucky with Equine Analysis Systems. Since concluding my research project, I have had a bit of down time to explore research articles that interest me and ride along to some really neat farms in the area. Since we have heart scanned some mares recently, I have been able to work on my ultrasound skills (yearlings, two year olds, and race horses don't quite have the patience to be scanned by both a vet and myself). Today I even scanned well enough that the technician was able to use my scan for the measurement phase. It may not seem like a huge deal, but trust me, it is a pretty big feat to get the exact view in the correct scan plane, etc etc that they need to take accurate measurements. Overall, I am in shock that my summer here has passed so quickly and I will really miss Kentucky and my coworkers. I would suggest that future Equine Fellows consider this position if they are interested in Thoroughbred racing and research, are self-starters and ambitious, understand professionalism and the importance of confidentiality, and are looking to be a part of an exceptionally intelligent team for the summer. For anyone who is considering a career working in the Thoroughbred industry, this position provides important contacts and exposure to the inner-workings of the industry.

The Sun Shines Bright On My Old Kentucky Home...

 -Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment