Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week four and five at SVEC

Sorry it has been a while since my last post!  Time here at Saginaw  Valley Equine Clinic is flying by.  I can't believe we are in the sixth week of our fellowship here.  Over the past couple of weeks, I have had the opportunity to work on my handling skills with plently of fractious patients.  We currently have a lot of post-surgery patients in the clinic, giving me opportunities to work on my treatment administration.  While I have not had many opportunities to scrub in on surgeries, I did get the chance to scrub in on an arthroscopy on a horse with a steroidal joint infection following a joint injection.  I absolutely loved being about to view the joint from a different angle than the usual radiographic views.  Although the past few weeks have been trying at times, I am more sure every day that I want to work in equine medicine for the forseeable future and can easily see myself specializing in sports medicine.

Hopefully this week I will write my blog post in a more timely fashion so I can give more case details!

~ Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment