Monday, June 1, 2015

Week Three at Saginaw Valley Equine Clinic

Last week was a little bit quieter at Saginaw Valley Equine Clinic.  We didn't have any middle of the night emergencies (thankfully!), but it was a week of lacerations.  We had two emergency lacerations and a farm call for another.

My highlight of the week, however, was a dental on a retired eventing horse.  He got really angry when we tried to work with his mouth, and as he was too tall for our stand, we decided I should stand on a block with his head on my shoulder.  This was fine until he decided he had had enough and just laid down to roll during his procedure!  Needless to say, I've had a sore shoulder for the past few days!

I've really started to get a hang of what each particular vet prefers for certain procedures so I can effectively prepare for their appointments.  On Friday, I even had the opportunity to shoot radiographs!  Hopefully this week, which is again my call week, will continue to be quiet and filled with learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment